Son Of Grok shout out!
Sweet Potatoes (We usually do 1 or 2 at a time)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional)
Sea Salt (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Very thinly slice sweet potatoes into chips. You can use a food processor or other method for this but I have found that for us, using a knife and doing it by hand is worth the effort.
3. (Optional) Toss your chips in a small amount of evoo and some sea salt to give your chips that salty and slightly oily flavor. I say that this step is optional because these chips can be made with just the sweet potatoes plain. My wife likes them plain while I like them flavored so if you like the plain, skip this step.
4. Arrange the chips on baking sheets in a single layer. Stacking the chips will cause you baking problems.
5. Put in the oven to bake for approximately 1.5 hours. Every 30 minutes or so, take out chips and flip them over. Your chips will be done when they appear crispy and many of them are turning a slightly darker brown.