Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coach Q&A

Last week I was contacted by a CFC client with a question regarding protein. I emailed the question to Carey Kepler who is a great resource when it comes to the Paleo/Zone diet.

QUESTION
According to the blocks concept, if I am supposed to eat 10 blocks a day this would only be 70g of protein. However, I've heard lots of people say that you should be eating a gram for every pound that you weigh. That would mean I'm supposed to be getting 135-140 grams of protein, which is more like 14 blocks of protein. Is this right?

ANSWER
You have heard this and I have heard this along with a lot of other protein suggestions. In the Zone we recommend you eat the block size you are recommend, if you are not getting the results that you should( ie. weight loss, better energy, pr's, hormone balance) then you may need to up your protein or fat depending on what your goals are.... I am an example of someone that would eat more protein because of my level of fitness and the intensity at which I train....

The Zone Diet is a great outline for weight loss and performance, however, it is subject to YOUR individual goals. This is definitely not a "one size fits all" approach to eating. If you are feeling tired or aren't seeing results that you want, schedule a meeting with your coach to review your food journal and discuss what you can tweak.

No comments:

Post a Comment