Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

This recipe comes to us via Katherine and requires the use of a slow cooker (CrockPot). If you do not own a slow cooker, I highly recommend making the investment. For those of you still enjoying oatmeal, there really is nothing more satisfying on a frigid morning than real, slow cooked oatmeal...

Anywho on with the CHICKEN CURRY!

Katherine says: I tried this recipe today- I followed it very loosely. I browned the chicken then threw the following in my crockpot:

1 onion chopped
3 sliced zuchinni
a few carrots
2 c chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
1/2 jar of green curry paste (super yumm)
salt, pepper

I put it on low for about 2.5 hours. Around 2 hours in, iI put in fresh basil.


Cabbage is a perfect addition to this dish and don't be afraid to get creative. I'd go one step further and add in water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment