Monday, January 18, 2010

Almond Butter From Scratch

Almond butter is one of those foods that I hesitate to invite into my house because I am not responsible enough to eat it in moderation. One teaspoon becomes half a cup easily, and if it's at the end of a long and hard day, forggettaboutit. Whopping tablespoons right into my mouth, and then a horrible flood of remorse.

Do you have a food processor? If not, get one. Food processors really come in handy, both for convenience and saving money.

Yesterday I made my own almond butter. Two cups of almonds into the food processor and 2-3 minutes later, done! Now, I did not add salt, and it is more of a paste than a "butter" HOWEVER in spite of how simple it looks and tastes at first, it is extremely satisfying.

Next batch will have a bit of coconut oil added it to add a little more butter feel to the mix. I'll let you know how that goes...

BAM, just saved an additional $4.99/lb on my weekly groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment