As your faithful recipe web crawler, I must submit this recipe for approval...
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
* 1/4 pound smoked ham, finely ground
* 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup fried pork rinds, crushed
* 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
* 1/4 cup dry red wine
* 2/3 cup blanched almonds
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions. Cook until light brown. Add ham, parsley, and spices. Mix well.
Combine mixture with pork rinds, eggs, wine, and almonds.
Serves 10. 4.2 net gram of carbohydrate per serving.
This is considered an Atkins original, low carb all the way, but pork rinds? Who is brave enough to test this? This isn't paleo by a long shot, but interesting nonetheless....